Saturday, December 08, 2007

Email addiction

On my way back from Dubai today I was marking assignments in the car on my laptop. And since I had been away all day from email, I walked up the stairs with my laptop checking my email until I got to my room.
This is really bad. I tried to limit checking my emails every 6 hours, but it didn't last too long. I wasn't this bad until I started working for Ansar Financial on the Islamic Finance conference...
Those were crazy days. I'd wake up between 2-3am almost daily just to check my email.

But it's because I DO get that many emails! And I have to keep track of 5 timezones (business hours). I love the global aspect of my life, but I absolutely don't love the loss of routine.

Can the addiction be any worse? Tell me I'm not the only one!
Yea, you can also tell me I need a life and I'd believe it!

5 comments:

Faraz Ahmed said...

I was on the bus one day and was so eager to check my email that.....I called home and asked my sister to log into my account and check it for me.

*sigh*

I've had better moments.

Humairah Irfan said...

lol.. I'm sure you were expecting an important email or something?

But yea, I remember @ the IIBFI conference in Ottawa, I was sitting on the stage with the speakers, and chatting with my sister and emailing Hafsa, lol!

But I love being connected to the rest of the world that way...
if you know what I mean :)

Syra said...

OMG! i am an e-mail addict too. I feel so disconnected from my family and friends if my pc crashes or there is internet trouble.
now this is way too much in common
If my pc is unaccessible i use my cell phone to check my inbox!
:)

Humairah Irfan said...

Yes Syra, that's us :)

Do you use gmail/MSN? Add me (my email's on my profile)

Syra said...

sure, i added you.
stay tuned
:)