Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Life Without My Dad

Lines written by Johaina Aamer, the 9-year old daughter of Shaker Aamer, 29 June 2007.

After school, when I have reached home,
“I have a surprise for you,” says my mum.

I get excited. What if my dad has returned?
It would be the best thing that ever happened.

“A chocolate cake and some games for fun.”
How can I say, “Thanks mum, but I want none.”

I run to my room with my heart broken.
My dad in a cage, locked up in a prison.

He was sold to the people with no hearts or emotions.
Where is the justice, for my dad is innocent’?

A long, long waiting but no sign of return.
Each day is same for my brothers, me and mum.

I miss you everyday, you are never forgotten.
I wish to say goodbye to the world of corruption

So we can be together and rejoice in heaven.
I hide my tears and smile for this reason.



Read more [Shaker Aamer, A South London Man in Guantánamo: The Children Speak]

No comments: