Sunday, November 19, 2006

Very Cool!

Today when I went to wake mummy up for fajr, she asked me if I had suhoor.
I was surprised. How did she know I was going to fast today? I hadn't told her I would, or anyone else. In fact, I slept before everyone else in my grandmother's room. I hadn't fasted in the last 2 days. And it's a Sunday, not a Thursday or Monday... nor it is the 13, 14, or 15th of this month. I told her that I was looking for the rest of my sandwich, and I couldn't find it. She said that Baba had eaten it, and she had left me another sandwich on the dining table. "Did you not see it?" "I thought it was for Freeha..."
How did she know?? Mom's are so amazing!
It feels wierd that Sunday is a working day. Actually, it felt wierd that Saturday was a holiday! The weekend in UAE used to be Thursday and Friday, and sometime this year it got changed to Friday and Saturday. The week starts on a Sunday. That for some reason, just doesn't sound right...

No comments: